How Long Before My Website Shows Up in Google?
Can you see me now?
When you build a house in the woods without building a road that leads to it, how in the world will anyone get there? In the web world, the website is the house in the woods, and Google (and other search engines) is the road that leads to it.
The good news about ChurchSpring websites, is that they are build from the ground up, not only with ministries in mind, but with Google in mind. What does that mean? That means that all of the code that we use to create your church website tastes like yummy candy to Google. As a result ChurchSpring websites do very well in search engine results!
How long before my new church website shows up in Google?
Once you point your own unique domain name to your ChurchSpring website, we've typically seen ChurchSpring websites start to show up in search engine results anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks. If your site was popular before you moved it to ChurchSpring, then you will probably see quicker results than sites that are brand new to the web.
How can I help the SEO?
"Websites are a marathon, not a sprint," said a wise man, and he is right! Give your website a little time - the SEO is built-in to your ChurchSpring website! But you can also help that along by doing the following things...
- Browsers like fresh, relevant content!. Be sure that you are loading your events, posting your sermons, and writing your blogs - every week in your website.
- Browsers like traffic! The more traffic you create, the higher you will rate in a search.
- Browsers like ads! Consider running a Google ad. Our team has a great ChurchSpring Live step-by-step on Google ads here: churchspring.com/csl024
- Be sure you have a "Google My Business" set up with updated info.
- Post on your social media profiles and encourage your church family to utilize the website and share it on their personal Facebook pages.
As you give it time, you will see search engine results as you work to keep your site active!
If you have any questions about this, reach out to our team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We are always happy to help!