How To Add A Sermon To Your Church Website
Sermons are a great way to give visitors an up-close view of who you are. ChurchSpring has three options for loading a sermon onto your Flourish or Grow plan site -- audio, YouTube/Facebook, or Vimeo! To embed a video sermon on your ChurchSpring website, follow these steps:
- Log-in to your ChurchSpring site.
- Click on “Sermons” in the navigation bar.
- Locate the “Add A Sermon” button on your left, and click.
- A large gray box will open below the button. It will ask you to choose what kind of file you want to open: Audio, YouTube (also for Facebook), or Vimeo. Click the option you want.
- To add an audio file, click the "Browse" button and choose the file from your computer. Make sure that the file name does not contain periods (except for the file extension-- such as .mp3). If you use any punctuation, you will need to only use an underscore _ . Follow the prompts and save.
- To add a video, click the button of your platform of choice - YouTube (Facebook) or Vimeo. You will need to locate the Embed code for that particular video.
There are several ways to access the embed code of a video, but here are a few suggestions.
- To find your YouTube embed code, simply right-click on your YouTube video while it is playing.
- Clicking on "Copy Embed Code" will allow you to go directly to your website and paste the code using your keyboard function (Ctrl V for PC users; Cmd V for Mac users) into the Video Embed Code box.
- Open your Facebook Live video so that it is full screen.
- In the upper right hand area, click on the "Share" button, followed by clicking on the "Embed" button.
- Once you click the "Embed" button, your embed code will appear with a blue "Copy Code" button. Click the blue button, go to your website, and paste the code using your keyboard function (Ctrl V for PC users; Cmd V for Mac users) into the Video Embed Code box.
- Once you are logged-in to your Vimeo site, find your video in your recent video listing. Click on the "link" in the footer bar for that video. A window will open and the last option is "Copy Embed Code." Click and you should receive a little confirmation box that says "Embed Code Copied to Clipboard."
- Paste the code using your keyboard function (Ctrl V for PC users; Cmd V for Mac users) into the Video Embed Code box.
- Add the sermon title, date, and a sermon description on the following lines. (Note that in the date you have the option to delay the viewing of the sermon you are loading.)
- Don't forget to add a photo from the Stock Library (or add a quality photo of your own).
- Finally, hit "Save" and your sermon should be all set! You did it!
- Log-out of your Admin user privileges and check-out the newly loaded sermon!