How To Setup Your Leadership Page
An informative Leadership/Staff page allows your site guests to “meet” the staff before they even walk through your church doors. We have all the tips you need right here to create a super leadership page!
Pictures look best when they are cropped ahead of time to the shape of a square or 500px x 600px. There is no photo editing tool once you load your picture, so be sure to crop it in advance. To accommodate for image optimization, please leave some padding around the focal point of your image (such as the head - do not crop too closely).
- In your About Us section of your navigation bar, click on “Leadership.” This will take you to a template ready for you to insert the information about your leadership team.
- To upload a staff picture, click on the pencil/edit icon at the top of your box, and then click on the words that say “Select Image.”
- Click on “Upload File” and select your pre-cropped photo from your computer. Once your file has uploaded, you will see the option to "Insert Image." Click to complete the upload.
- Be sure to add the biographical information and click “Save” at the bottom of the window.
Need to add additional staff and want to re-order the listing? The drag-bar of tiny lines on the left side of the photo allows you to move the entire box in order to adjust the staff listing.
Don’t forget to add a few personal notes about each person on your staff - such as a favorite hobby or most loved book. These kind of touches will go far to making a deeper connection with your guests!
FAQS & TROUBLESHOOTING
- Why did the system crop off part of the head? Because your website has image optimization built-in for mobile views, you will want to load pictures that are not cropped closely. Leave some padding around the focal point.
- I am having a hard time getting the size correct. How do I fix that? To size your image correctly without stretching it, you will want to use a program such as Photoshop or a free online tool such as https://www.canva.com/photo-editor/app/.