How To Create A Link To... Almost Anything
Linking to documents, pages on your website, external web pages, or even email is a great way to engage your website guests.
Follow these steps to insert a link in any text:
- Open the page and create the text in which you want to place the link.
- Highlight that text and click the link icon (it looks like a chain) on your toolbar.
From the list, select “Insert link.”
You can now see four options for linking. They are:
- Website Pages*
- My Documents
- External Link
- Email Link
- To link within your website, you will choose the page from the list on the left. If you are choosing a page with subpages, be sure to also click on the correct subpage from the list on the right. Nested pages are located at the very bottom of the list on the left.
- For external links, you can select if you want the link to open in a new window. This allows visitors to keep your website open while visiting the links you share.
- Click “save” at the bottom of the box, and the link is completed.