How To Setup Online Giving to Your 3rd-Party Provider
ChurchSpring has a great giving platform, but if you already have a giving platform you love, setting up online giving to use your 3rd-party provider doesn't get easier than this!
ChurchSpring supports all giving services on the web! Our flexible giving page allows you full customization and setup can be accomplished in just seconds. Since we integrate with all giving providers, all you'll need is an embed code from your giving platform or a simple link to your giving/donation page.
Follow these simple steps to get your giving service connected to your ChurchSpring website.
Step 1: Set up your website Give page
- Login to your ChurchSpring website
- Hover over the "give" button at the top right of your screen (screenshot below)
- Click the toggle button to turn on giving!
It is really that simple! Once you toggle on your Give Page, you will be redirected to your new giving page where you can customize the content and buttons.
Step 2: Add your online giving link
Now it's time to update your Give page so your website visitors can donate to your ministry. Edit the pre-populated text on your Give page with your church's giving information whether that's online, text, or mailing instructions—or all three! Feel free to edit the text that is provided for you on your Giving page.
- Access your online giving link via your Giving Platform. Not sure how to find your online giving link? Reach out to your giving provider's Support or check out these quick links below for some popular giving providers:
- Tithe.ly: You will need to access your Tithe.ly quick link. The format will look like this https://tithe.ly/give?c= with your church's ID number at the end. You can also find your church ID and quick link by logging into your Tithe.ly account and selecting "Website Giving"
- PayPal: Create a unique PayPal Giving Link and add it to your website. Follow these instructions to access your specific PayPal Giving link.
- Givelify: Click here to access your Givelify online giving link.
- Add your online giving link to your website using one of the methods below:
Option 1: Simply create a hyperlink to any text that you want to direct to your online giving link. Click here to learn how to create a hyperlink.
Option 2: Add a button that matches your website design linking to your online giving link. Click here to learn how to add a button to your website.
Option 3 - Advanced: If your giving platform provides an embed code for your online giving, copy the embed code and navigate to your ChurchSpring Give Page. Select the "HTML" view (it looks like </>) on your text menu toolbar and paste the embed code wherever you want to add the form. Toggle out of the HTML view to see your form!
Hit the Save button and you're all set!
Tips & Tricks
- Add a home page slider linking to your Give Page to increase visibility! Learn how to edit your home page slides here.
- Add a block on your home page or other inner pages linking to your Give Page to direct people to your giving options. Check out how to use blocks to customize your website page.
- Edit the pre-populated text that comes with your Giving Page to match your church's giving methods!
- Your Give button will appear as a button on desktop devices but will automatically change to live within your main menu navigation on mobile devices. Pretty sweet! That way, website visitors can always easily navigate your website no matter which device they are using and won't be distracted by any strange formatting or floating buttons.